Re: [HACKERS] TRIGGER with WHEN clause

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] TRIGGER with WHEN clause
Date: 2009-11-19 01:54:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

Greg Smith wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>> Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a updated TRIGGER with WHEN cluase patch.
>>> I adjusted it to work with recent parser cleanup (*OLD* and *NEW*).
>>>
>> I would like to volunteer for reviewing the patch in RR-stage.
>> It seems to me an interesting feature.
>>
> That one is now yours. It would be nice if you subscribed to the
> pgsql-rrreviewers list if you're not already on there, but it's not
> really necessary if you just want to grab that one patch and report on
> it to pgsql-hackers.

I tagged "Ready for Committer" flag on the patch, so my hands are now getting
free. :-)

I can find some patches which still don't have any feedbacks on the CF page.
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=4

If RR-reviewer's availability is not enough now, I will be able to help
review the patches as long as my capability allows it.

In addition, I'm strongly finding volunteers to review the SE-PostgreSQL/Lite
patch. At the first view, it may seem to you a bit large patch, but 40%
of them are documentations (except for source code comments) and test cases.
I believe rest of code will consist of enough simple implementations for
average pgsql-hackers, because I separated a lot of features from full
functionalities revision, as follows:
- No access controls except for database, schemas, tables and columns
- No row-level granularity in access controls
- No caches for access control decisions
- No security identifier in HeapTupleHeader and No new system columns.

The following code example will help understand its design and implementation.
http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/source/browse/trunk/sepgsql/src/backend/security/sepgsql/README#784

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC