PostgreSQL DBA (Chennai, India)

From: Gourav Shah <gshah(at)efrontier(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA (Chennai, India)
Date: 2009-08-28 07:02:05
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Efficient Frontier is looking for dynamic individuals who want to be
part of building solutions that change the economics of online
marketing. As part of Efficient Frontier's world-class team, you will
have the opportunity to be a part of a private company and work in a
fast-paced, rewarding environment, addressing a red-hot market.

Our products and services rely on patent-pending portfolio management
algorithms to deliver search engine marketing solutions to some of the
world's largest online advertisers.

Efficient Frontier, India is located at Chennai. Our India office is
growing fast and attracting the best talent in India. Our compensation
is top-notch, we work with the latest open source technologies, and all
employees get opportunities to travel to our office locations worldwide.

PostgreSQL DBA

We are one of the largest users of PostgreSQL and deal with terabytes of
data. We are looking for a talented PostgreSQL DBA to be part of our
Operations team.

Responsibilities:

-Monitor, script & maintain a large production and pre-production
PostgreSQL database infrastructure.
-Troubleshoot database issues and ensure integrity of data
-Suggest improvements and continually innovate and improve upon our
operational environment
-Work closely with our devel teams and DB consultants to provide
databases, tools and services as per requirements

Qualifications:

-Strong knowledge of Linux including configuration, shell, file system,
cron, etc. a must.
-1.5+ years of Postgresql or MySQL or similar db administration and
design a must.
-1+ years scripting experience – shell, perl or Python.
-Experience in database performance tuning, clustering, backup &
recovery, system architecture and design.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong work ethic
including teamwork, initiative, flexibility, and reliability.
-Bachelor's degree in computer related field preferred.

Visit us at: http://www.efrontier.com

Interested candidates please send your resumes at:
india-jobs(at)efrontier(dot)com with subject title "OPS:PostgreSQL DBA"

--
Thanks,
Gourav Shah