Re: Stuck cvs lock on anoncvs repository

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stuck cvs lock on anoncvs repository
Date: 2009-06-27 19:29:04
Lists: pgsql-www

Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>>> I encountered the same problem again. Can you release the lock?
>>
>> Huh. We should look into why that's happening. The previous time was
>> right after tagging rc1, and this after tagging final ... seems like
>> there must be some connection. Does the lockfile show anything about
>> who took the lock?
>
> should be working again now. I'm not sure why this happened but it seems
> to coincide with the daily "forced" push of the repo just after midnight.
> I suspect that we are somehow rsyncing too much state to anoncvs
> (especially the #cvs-lock directory) and we are simply missing a
> --exclude '#cvs.*' flag for rsync.

FWIW I modified the push script on cvs-master to exclude any lock
(directories) that might intermediatly show up during the run.
I'm not sure why this only started to happen now - but I suspect it
correlates with the fact that tagging seems to take a while and the
particular time marc did the tagging so that collided with the forced push.

Stefan