Re: unhelpful error message

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unhelpful error message
Date: 2009-06-18 14:50:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Per the fine manual, sp.count is another way of writing count(sp).

Wow, that seems a horrid kludge. Is the standard responsible for that
one, or is it a PostgreSQL extension?

Could you point me at where in the fine manual this is covered? I've
never stumbled across it in the many hours I've spent in reading the
manual. A search didn't help much. I poked around all the relevant
sections I could think of without success. I even resorted to:

find -name '*.sgml' | xargs grep -i \\.count

which only kicked out:

./doc/src/sgml/ltree.sgml:
Example: <literal>Top.Countries.Europe.Russia</literal>

-Kevin