PGDay.EU 2009

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGDay.EU 2009
Date: 2009-05-07 11:48:47
Lists: pgeu-general pgsql-announce

PGDay.EU 2009, the main pan-european PostgreSQL conference, will be held
at Telecom ParisTech in Paris, France, on November 6-7, 2009. It's time
to put these dates in your calendar! The conference is organized by
PostgreSQL Europe in cooperation with PostgreSQLFR.

The conference will contain tracks in both French and English, and talks
at all levels - from introductions to advanced DBA and developer topics.

Telecom ParisTech is one of the most respected engineering schools in
France, and is situated at an easily reachable location in Paris.
PostgreSQL Europe thanks Telecom ParisTech for joining our sponsorship
at the Gold level and providing us with a great venue for the conference!

We invite talks from both known community members and new faces who wish
to share their experiences in anything PostgreSQL related. A formal call
for papers will be issued soon, but we suggest you start thinking about
interesting topcis now!

Our sponsorship program has also opened - if your company is involved in
PostgreSQL activities in Europe, this is a good chance to reach out to
potential customers from all across the continent. Or if you are just a
user of PostgreSQL, and want to find a good way to give back to the
community. Please see our website for information about available
sponsorship opportunities, or contact us at contact(at)pgday(dot)eu for a
discussion about your options. Any profits left after the conference
will be shared between PostgreSQL Europe and PostgreSQLFR, and used to
expand community work in Europe.

Please see our website at http://www.pgday.eu for more information about
the conference, the venue and the region.

See you in Paris in November!