Re: PATCH: Make pg_stop_backup() archive wait optional

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Make pg_stop_backup() archive wait optional
Date: 2017-03-17 14:31:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/17/17 4:18 AM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> From: pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
>> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Tsunakawa,
>> Takayuki
>> I made this ready for committer. The patch applied except for catversion.h,
>> the patch content looks good, and the target test passed as follows:
>
> Sorry, I reverted this to waiting for author, because make check failed. src/test/regress/expected/opr_sanity.out seems to need revision because pg_stop_backup() was added.

Well, that's embarrassing. When I recreated the function to add
defaults I messed up the AS clause and did not pay attention to the
results of the regression tests, apparently.

Attached is a new version rebased on 88e66d1. Catalog version bump has
also been omitted.

Thanks,
--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgstopbackup-wait-v4.patch text/plain 5.5 KB