PATCH: Update autovacuum to use reloptions, instead of a system catalog

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PATCH: Update autovacuum to use reloptions, instead of a system catalog
Date: 2009-02-18 07:45:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi All,

Please find the attached patch for "*Update autovacuum to use
reloptions, instead of a system catalog*".
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-02/msg00077.php)

For more details, Please refer to:
* http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-createtable.html
* http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-altertable.html
*
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/runtime-config-autovacuum.html#GUC-AUTOVACUUM

In "CREATE/ALTER TABLE", it also supports for toast.autovacuum* settings
(as storage parameters),
which I have not implemented currently.
Do we need to give support for that?
And if yes,
1. Which documents I need to read for that?
2. From which catalog tables, I can get the toast.autovacuum* settings.
3. How UI should look like?

--
Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
AutoVacuum_PG84.patch text/x-diff 52.5 KB