Re: Server Status window work

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Status window work
Date: 2009-02-12 23:09:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>
>> So, we keep the wxAuiManager and add panes. I'm not sure if the result
>> will be really interesting. But I don't think it is much work to do.
>> I'll work on it right now.
>
> Thats what I figured. Just stick everything on a pane instead of a
> notebook page, and away it goes.

The patch attached takes care of this. It's not really finished but it
gives an idea of what could be done. There's also the combo stuff. I
would love to get comments on this, to see if I go further.

>>> What about replacing the slider and text control with a combo box that
>>> offers Don't refresh, ! second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1
>>> minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour. That will be a
>>> fixed size (and much smaller than the slider), and should be small
>>> enough to fit a decent four-pane layout on an 800x600 window.
>>>
>> OK. If people wants more delay options, we can let the user customize
>> this with options in the options dialog.
>
> I don't think there's any need though, do you?

Not now, but perhaps in a future release.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Attachment Content-Type Size
serverstatus_p1_v11c.patch.bz2 application/x-bzip 11.3 KB