xTuple ERP 3.2: Postgres-powered open source ERP

From: Ned Lilly <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: xTuple ERP 3.2: Postgres-powered open source ERP
Date: 2009-01-24 15:44:10
Lists: pgsql-announce

Greetings,

We're very pleased to announce that the final version of xTuple ERP version 3.2.0 - PostBooks, Standard, and Manufacturing Editions - are now available for download. This is the eleventh release of the world's most advanced open source ERP from xTuple (formerly known as OpenMFG).

PostgreSQL is a key technology for xTuple - all the business logic resides in pl/pgsql functions and triggers, and the application includes powerful APIs built with database views and rules in a separate schema.

There is quite a bit of exciting new functionality in this release, including dozens of significant enhancements to CRM, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Accounting. Version 3.2 also includes major updates to the integrated OpenRPT report writer, and for the first time, a fully-integrated copy of Qt/Designer - which allows power users to create new screens, as well as edit existing screens within xTuple, without requiring the added complexity of a separate Qt development environment.

In total, there are 82 new features, and almost 300 bug fixes since version 3.1 just three months ago. The full Release Notes for the 3.2.0 cycle are available at the version of this note linked on the homepage at www.xtuple.org.

So what's next? There will be a very short cycle for a 3.2.1 release, which will primarily focus on additional scripting tools for the Screen Builder, and then we will turn our attention to version 3.3, which is targeted for late April. If you are looking to contribute or sponsor development for version 3.3, please let us know soon, as we expect it will fill up fast.

Speaking of things that fill up fast, mark your calendars for the week of February 23. That's the date for our next xTuple ERP training community event. It's our most popular class (http://www.xtuple.com/training101), and we'd love to see you there.

Best regards,
Ned

--
Ned Lilly