Re: COPY command works with older driver but not newer one ?

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Warren Bell <warren(at)clarksnutrition(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY command works with older driver but not newer one ?
Date: 2009-01-12 05:44:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Warren Bell wrote:

> When you say server I am assuming you are talking about the database,

I mean the database server processes, yes.

> Why does it
> work with the older driver and not the new one?

Because the newer driver (here, "newer" means something like "anything
more recent than 2005") uses a newer version of the wire protocol and
passes parameter values out-of-line from the query string, rather than
substituting parameter values into the query string itself.

-O