Re: Latest version of Hot Standby patch: unexpected error querying standby

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Latest version of Hot Standby patch: unexpected error querying standby
Date: 2009-01-04 08:03:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 15:21 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Hot_Standby
>>
>> now contains a link to latest version of this patch.
>>

> v6 of Hot Standby now uploaded to Wiki (link above), with these changes:
>
> * Must ignore_killed_tuples and never kill_prior_tuple during index
> scans in recovery (v6)
> * XLOG_BTREE_DELETE records handled correctly (v6)
> * btree VACUUM code - must scan every block of index (v6)
> * BEGIN TRANSACTION READ WRITE should throw error (v6)
>
> New test cycle starting with this patch over next few days.
>
> Work continues on other items.
>
> Happy New Year everyone,

I'm running some tests on v6a. The setup is:

- install master, setup standby as usual, start standby
- create database bench on master
- initialize pgbench dataset size 100 on master
- start 4 clients doing 500000 transactions each.

After about 100000 transactions have been processed on the master, query
the standby:

bench=# \d history
Table "public.history"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+-----------------------------+-----------
tid | integer |
bid | integer |
aid | integer |
delta | integer |
mtime | timestamp without time zone |
filler | character(22) |

bench=# select now(),count(*) from history;
ERROR: could not open relation base/16384/16394: No such file or directory

regards

Mark