Re: need some help with pl-pgsql

From: justin <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: need some help with pl-pgsql
Date: 2008-12-24 16:32:30
Lists: pgsql-general

justin wrote:
> Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> ----- "justin" <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com> wrote:
>>

> So it appears that something is causing _wipvalue to get set to NULL
> somewhere else in the code. Now when running the failing select
> statement manually works is because the modified record is still not
> committed yet and its reading the unmodified record.
>
> the ForceCloseWo() calls several other functions before
> PostProduction() that beat on the header record a few times.
> ForceCloseWo does extactly what it sounds like closes Work Orders
> forcible based on default values set in the database. I'm betting
> this record has some flaky setting somewhere thats either in the
> posting of raw material or labor operations.
>

> its late i'm going to bed fight this again later this morning.
>
> thanks

Found the problem at last. it was what i thought early this morning,
the database had some flaky data set to null. so modified the the
tables in question set defaults to zero and updated all the records
that has null to zero. hopefully that fixes the problem going forward.

thanks to all for helping, pointing me in the right direction to figure
out what is going on, as i was completely lost of what next to do.