Re: IN question

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Mat Caughron <caughron(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Meredith L(dot) Patterson" <mlp(at)thesmartpolitenerd(dot)com>, sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IN question
Date: 2008-12-16 23:52:44
Lists: sfpug

Mat Caughron wrote:
> All:
>
> In the interest of investigating various throughput limits.
> Where do we get cache and buffer and heap size limitations, and how to
> set these?
> Is there something similar in postgres-world to the mysql-world
> equivalent of the following:
>
> mysql> show variables like '%size%';
> +---------------------------------+------------+
> | Variable_name | Value |
> +---------------------------------+------------+
> | bdb_cache_size | 8388600 |
There's the pg_settings table. More verbose than you want, probably, so
choose the records and columns of interest:
select * from pg_settings;

There are certain settings which can be altered by a user during a
session via the "set" command.

Some settings can only be altered by the administrator and of those,
some require a restart for the change to take effect.

Cheers,
Steve