Re: perl-DBD-Pg package for CentOS 5?

From: Kevin Murphy <murphy(at)genome(dot)chop(dot)edu>
To: Joao Ferreira <jmcferreira(at)critical-links(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>, pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: perl-DBD-Pg package for CentOS 5?
Date: 2008-10-31 17:34:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Joao Ferreira wrote:
> Have you considered installing directlly from CPAN ?
>
> # perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBD::Pg;'
>
>> On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 09:20 -0400, Kevin Murphy wrote:
>>
>>> My life would be complete if it offered perl-DBD-Pg for CentOS 5!

Yes, but I prefer a package in this situation because the code runs on a
Rocks Linux cluster, and customizations to the compute nodes are
conventionally via package; when a new node is added, the suite of local
RPMs is automatically post-installed, et voilà. I've worked around the
lack of a package in the past, and I'll do it again. Luckily our nodes
have access to the world. Now I'm fantasizing about making an RPM that
just customizes CPAN/Config.pm and installs DBD::Pg from CPAN.

-Kevin