TABLE command

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: TABLE command
Date: 2008-10-30 08:38:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If I read this right, SQL would allow writing

TABLE foo;

as a top-level command, equivalent to SELECT * FROM foo; (see production
<explicit table>). It can be used whereever a SELECT or VALUES can be used.

This is probably about as useless as some of my other recent patches,
but the implementation is simple (see attachment), so we could add it.
Comments?

Attachment Content-Type Size
explicit-table.diff text/plain 908 bytes