Re: sum of array elements

From: Devin Ben-Hur <devin(at)ben-hur(dot)net>
To: Thomas Keller <kellert(at)ohsu(dot)edu>
Cc: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sum of array elements
Date: 2008-10-25 05:14:56
Lists: pdxpug

Thomas Keller wrote:
> I got an error when I gave ( an_array ) as the input type. So I changed
> that to ( DECIMAL [] ) and it worked great.
> thanks so much.

I must have been really tired as I edited some formatting into the one
liner I had just tested in my psql session last night. Sorry for the
confusion, use anyarray as David mentioned and it should be good for any
numeric type.

--
Devin Ben-Hur 503/860-4114 mailto:devin(at)ben-hur(dot)net

"Startups are basically comedies, or at least seem so in retrospect."
-- Paul Graham