Re: proposal: a new mailing list for biomedical postgresql ( pgsql-bio )

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Erik <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Date: 2008-10-08 17:04:19
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Erik, all:
>
> The main efforts in the realm of Bio Postgres would be the BLASTGres project
> and UnisonDB. Neither of these project seem to even *have* a mailing list;
> in fact, BLASTgres seems to have stalled, probably because of the original
> students graduating.
>
> However, there is the existing pgFoundry project BioPostgres.
>
> This seems to be idle right now; if you want me to, I can contact the original
> admins, check status, and maybe make you admin and add a mailing list.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/blastgres/
> http://phenomics.cs.ucla.edu/BLASTgres/
> http://unison-db.org/
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/biopostgres

Alternately, there are a number of bioinformatics projects that have
their own project specific mailing lists . You might see if one or more
of the lists hosted by the GMOD project would work for you. I know that
CHADO (a GMOD project), in particular, works well with PostgreSQL... In
fact, we may offer CHADO/GMOD related training before too long...

GMOD is a very active project...

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.