Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-08-26 21:50:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>> Back on this. The plan took a lot more time than I initially thought.
>>> Anyways, here is the v5 patch updated.
>>>
>> I'm tired for sure... here is the patch.
>
> :-(
>
> Well it looks good (you've *really* got the hang of XRC/wxSizers now
> :-) ) - but if I open the 'New Database' dialogue, enter a name, and
> then click on the SQL tab, I get an assert on OSX.

This issue has nothing to do with this patch. I think this bug comes
from my previous commit :-/

Without explicitely setting cbTemplate selection, cbTemplate->GetValue()
gets out with a failed assert. AFAICS, my previous patch didn't modify
this... but I find it weird that no one hits this bug before.

Anyways, the good news is that it gave me an idea to make dlgLanguage
growable. I just commited this dialog. I also commited the dlgDatabase fix.

> [...]
> I also get a crash if I try to open the New Table dialogue. I suspect
> that is the possible incompatibility that you were worried about,
> though I guess it could be related to this patch.

I'm sorry, I don't have this issue. Surprising because I don't see how
the previous fix could have fixed it.

No new patch, because the fix is already commited.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org