Re: Pg/CyberCluster test results

From: RW <postgres(at)tauceti(dot)net>
To: CG <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pg/CyberCluster test results
Date: 2008-08-22 13:52:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

I hoped that it would be easier to get the nodes back in sync
but it seems that all Postgres Multi-Master solutions are not
reliable at the moment. I've planed to test CyberCluster
this weekend but I already suspected that this rsync solutions
have some shortcomings. Sniff...

It seems that we have to wait for PGCluster-II which isn't a
"shared nothing" solution. Instead all files are on a shared
medium like SAN or iSCSI and all instances uses this medium
(similar to Oracle).

Robert