Support of INHERIT in existing tables (8.2+ releases)

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Support of INHERIT in existing tables (8.2+ releases)
Date: 2008-07-11 22:30:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I don't know if you have read this page
(http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/59-How-to-Inherit,-Unherit-and-Merge-Inherit.html)
but it complains on the lack of inherit support for existing tables.

So, here is a patch to add support on adding inherited tables on already
existing tables. The feature is available since PostgreSQL 8.2 release.

Tested on Linux. It works fine there. I didn't check Win32 platform
because I didn't change any xrc files :) Didn't check on Mac OS X either
cause I don't have one (btw, I'm following ebay's Mac Mini list to get
one soon).

Regards.

--
Guillaume.