Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-07-09 11:31:13
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>
>> The last patch I sent works on GTK+. When I try it on Windows, it works for
>> dlgFunction and dlgTrigger and doesn't with all other dlg*. I tried to
>> understand what could be wrong with dlgDatabase. dlgFunction already has a
>> wxFlexGridSizer on the .xrc file. The wxFlexGridSizer contains the notebook.
>> So, what I did is adding another wxFlexGridSizer in dlgDatabase.xrc and a
>> few other widgets to make it look like the dlgFunction.xrc file. See the
>> patch attached. This is a quick and dirty patch... it adds Apply and Help
>> buttons that are not handled, it also adds a style tag (for the wxDialog)
>> which is not necessary. Anyways, with this new component on the xrc file, it
>> works on Windows.
>
> OK, with your v5 patch, plus the XRC patch it seems to work nicely on the Mac.

Great news :)

I think you also check on Windows. No issue found?

> Yay :-)
>
> So, I think the way forward is to start on your planned rewrite of the
> XRC files. One thought - should we add sizing to all dialogs for
> consistency? That will mean having to size the controls on every pane,
> but I think that would be sensible anyway (and probably not that
> difficult once the first couple are done.
>
> What do you think?

I prefer to add sizing to all (properties') dialogs. This is a work I
can do, step by step. I think I should follow these steps in this order:

* one patch for each dialog to add the sizing.
* one patch to add sizing on common tabs (ie "Variables", "Privileges",
and "SQL").
* v5 patch for the read-write/read-only mode on sql textfields.

OK for these steps?

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org