odbc otl lockup in rlogon

From: Davebo Rodrigues <mr_d_rod(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: odbc otl lockup in rlogon
Date: 2008-01-18 16:44:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I am using he latest otl header (v 4.0.159) with the latest odbc library. I have a heavily multi-threaded application using otl to do many simultaneous read/writes on my postgres database.

Randomly, I will see the rlogon function lockup on the SQLSetEnvAttr function call.

When I set Threading=3 or Threading=1, it locks up more often.
Also, I have compiled odbc and postgres for multi-threaded use. I also call the otl_initialize(1), so that otl lets the driver know it is multithreaded.

My odbcinst.ini is setup as follows:
[PostgreSQL]
Description = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver = /usr/local/odbc/lib/libodbcpsql.so.2
Setup = /usr/local/odbc/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so.2
FileUsage = 1
CPTimeout = 1000
CPReuse = 20
Threading = 2