How let client store stuff encypted ?

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How let client store stuff encypted ?
Date: 2008-05-17 23:36:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I'd like to have som magic that lets a remote client store specific data
in a way that only I can read it.
The problem is, I can't let the application use a key someone has to
enter on the other end.
Some stuff should be logged automatically silently and secretly so that
just the db-administrator (me ;) ) can read it even though others can
pull backups of the whole db. So permissions don't save the day.

I suppose there might be a way to use some public key functions?

Regards
Andreas