Re: Postgres Cluster on Solaris

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Travis Smith <tsmith(at)optionshouse(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Cluster on Solaris
Date: 2008-05-13 17:14:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Travis,

Travis Smith wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am interested in running Postgres on Solaris using SunCluster. I am
> hoping that someone this list has experience with this configuration.
> To be honest I am having a difficult time understanding the concept of
> Postgres clusters. I originally began looking at Linux HA, I would
> like to run on Suns’ T5220 and I at a loss to how well this setup runs.

There is an ongoing project to integrate Sun Cluster (aka Solaris
Cluster) with Postgres warm standby. I recently tested the agent with
Postgres running in two Solaris zones on a single node, and the
automatic failover worked quite well. I haven't tried the two-node
config yet, but it should work. To get more info, check out this project
page
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/ha-postgresql/Active-Subprojects/log-shipping/

-Robert