Re: Map forks (WIP)

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Map forks (WIP)
Date: 2008-05-07 07:11:16
Lists: pgsql-patches

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I'm not completely satisfied with the way this looks, so I'll try a
> slightly different approach next: Instead of having one SMgrRelation per
> fork, add an extra ForkNumber argument to all the smgr functions.

Here's an updated patch using the above approach. Looks much better now,
IMO. The FSM implementation is still an incomplete mess, so don't bother
looking into freespace.c or indexfsm.c, but I'm quite happy with the
forks stuff now.

I shall work on the FSM internals next...

--
Heikki Linnakangas

Attachment Content-Type Size
fsm-forks-3.patch.gz application/x-gzip 55.0 KB