Re: Transparent column encryption

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Transparent column encryption
Date: 2023-02-28 20:28:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 22.02.23 11:25, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Other changes since v15:
>
> - CEKs and CMKs now have USAGE privileges.  (There are some TODO markers
> where I got too bored with boilerplate.  I will fill those in, but the
> idea should be clear.)

New patch. The above is all filled in now.

I also figured we need support in the DISCARD command to clear the
session state of what keys have already been sent, for the benefit of
connection poolers, so I added an option there.

The only thing left on my list for this whole thing is some syntax in
psql to force encryption for a parameter. But that could also be done
as a separate patch.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v17-0001-Automatic-client-side-column-level-encryption.patch text/plain 464.1 KB