Re: Rollback locks table - why?

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Jan Peters <petersjan(at)gmx(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rollback locks table - why?
Date: 2008-03-20 13:57:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

Jan Peters wrote:
> If I run the transaction block from above again I get first a unique key violation (that is ok, because that's what I trying to check for) but there is NO rollback to sp1, only the "Unique Key" error message and after that I get the dreaded "current transaction is aborted" error message and the system reports an EXCLUSIVE LOCK on the table (<IDLE>in transaction).

Am I correct in saying that your issue is really that you want an error
to trigger an automatic rollback to the last savepoint, but it does not
do so ?

If you issue the ROLLBACK manually (after you get the constraint error
or a "current transaction is aborted" message) does it work as you would
expect?

--
Craig Ringer