Re: Time Zone in Postgres

From: Shilpa Sudhakar <ssudhakar(at)internode(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time Zone in Postgres
Date: 2008-03-06 22:56:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom,

We have different databases with different versions.

I checked the database with *version 8.2.4* by running the below query

echo select timestamp with time zone \'epoch\' + 1206970200 \* INTERVAL
\'1 second\'\; | psql template1
?column?
2008-03-31 23:00:00+09:30
(1 row)

This shows the wrong date. The actual result should be *2008-04-01
00:00:00+10:30 *

Thanks and Regards,