Re: ODBC Version supporting specif databases?

From: Bruce McAlister <bruce(dot)mcalister(at)blueface(dot)ie>
To: "Luiz K(dot) Matsumura" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Version supporting specif databases?
Date: 2008-02-28 22:59:01
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Luiz,

I have attached the trace.log and there seems to be an issue in
SQLAllocHandle.c.

I tried to enable commlog and debug but i cant seem to find the files
that they are meant to generate. Just to verify, do I add the following
parameters to the dsn in odbc.ini?

Debug = 1
CommLog = 1

Thanks
Bruce

Luiz K. Matsumura wrote:
> Hi Bruce
>
> I guess that you need first enable Mylog and commlog and send both files
> to the list.
> This will help to trace the source code for errors.
>

> Bruce McAlister wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas/tips on how I could further debug this
>> problem?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bruce
>>
>> Bruce McAlister wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am having connection issues with the 08.03.0100 version of the ODBC
>>> driver.
>>>
>>> What happens is that when I attempt to connect to an 8.2.6 PostgreSQL
>>> database, using the 08.3.0100 ODBC driver then i get an error
>>> connecting during authentication as follows:

>>> [28000][unixODBC]Communication error during authentication;
>>> Error while reading from the socket.
>>> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>>>

>>> However, if I use the 08.01.0200 version to connect to the same DSN,
>>> I am able to successfully connect?
>>>
>>> Is there a specific version of the ODBC driver that supports a
>>> specific version of the PostgreSQL database.
>>>
>>> The way the above two ODBC drivers were built are as follows:
>>>
>>> OS: Solaris 10 Update 3
>>> ODBC Manager : unixODBC v1.2.12
>>>
>>> I'm not too sure which version of the libpq library was used, but I
>>> know for certain that Solaris 10 Update 3 comes with a Sun built
>>> version of PostgreSQL 8.1, the one on the system I am trying to build
>>> on is version 8.1.10.
>>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong or are the versions of the odbc driver
>>> just not compatible with the versions of libpq that i am using to
>>> build with, and thus, unable to connect to the database, or, is it
>>> something completely different.
>>>
>>> If you need any additional info, please dont hesitate to ask.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Bruce

| Bruce McAlister Blueface Ltd |
| <bruce(dot)mcalister(at)blueface(dot)ie> http://www.blueface.ie |