Re: WHAT to push to internet

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL EU <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WHAT to push to internet
Date: 2008-02-25 20:57:43
Lists: pgeu-general

Cédric Villemain schrieb:
> Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
>> Cédric Villemain schrieb:
>>> postgresql.eu/pgug.eu website is a blackhole, and the ask come more
>>> urgently to find what we want to publish to internet.
>> [...]
>>>

>>> * Flyers, posters, ...
>>
>> why? We should store that at an svn or cvs system where some guys
>> will get access.
>
> please : "As Damien suggest, we can try not to mix technical and
> content, so don't care if flyers are on pgfoundry or drupal or anywhere."
> -> as european users, WHAT do we want to publish, using postgresql.org
> pgug.eu postgresqlfr.org pgday.it pgfoundry or anythings else., we can
> discuss WHERE and HOW in a another thread. Else I am sure this thread
> will end up like others before.

Cédric,

you mixed topics here. The members of the European group are the
language based groups. The European group is only the collection of all
language based groups. And of course we publish using postgresql.org and
then all language based web presentations.

When a users wants support or documentation in his language, he should
go to the language based group.
Only when a user wants to donate money, he/she should be directed to the
European group. Because we want to share donations.
The European group don't has direct user contacts.
When there is a single user with a language we don't support at the
moment, then the European Group will help him founding a language based
group.
Usually active at the European group are only the leader of the language
based group and most times they will just discuss how they could avoid
to reinvent the wheel every time.

Susanne