Re: Huh? What is this?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Huh? What is this?
Date: 2008-02-24 23:25:22
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:

> We weren't.
>
>> pgsqldocs is www.postgresqldocs.org
>
> Ok. At the time I had zero clue what that was, but there have now been
> emails on -www explaining what it is, so I now do know what itis.

Just so it is publicly archived, as I said in private email this is not
a real user. At least not in the sense that a person can log in. I did
not provide any additional people shell rights or any such thing.

I created the user so the user would be responsible for the service is
provides. As the machine (community2) only allows key based auth, there
is no way to even get into that user directly.

>>> I don't think it's written down, and you are very well aware of that.
>> Yes I am. Please fill in pmt with the appropriate policy.
>
> Not a bad idea at all :-) Let me see if I can sell Stefan on it, since
> he's the guy who's actually set up most of the procedures around it. The
> actual procedures are fairly well documented, but not the policies.
> Stefan, any chance? ;-)

Bam! Hah... Stefan you are on deck.

> (that was kind of the intention, as I'm sure you realised)
> Yeah, the why *is* a very good question. Let's have a serious discussion
> about that at some point on IM or in mail (but not on this thread). We
> really should try to do something about the situation there.

Agreed.

>>> And I hope you're not seriously questioning the policy of discussing
>>> things before we do them?
>>>
>> No, I am not. I should have posted that we were going to add pgsqldocs.
>> That is my bad.
>
> Good we're in agreement there.

In fact I actually kind of wonder if we should have done this through
PMT, with tickets etc..

> Agreed. Let me (or someone else on sysadmins) know if you need any help
> digging into it. If not, I'll just assume you're on top of it :-)

I thought I saw Dave saying something about moderator blockage? Dave?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake