Re: PGCon vs Postgresql Conference

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGCon vs Postgresql Conference
Date: 2008-01-30 06:18:06
Lists: pgsql-general

> Anyway my suggestion to Sim is to read about each conference on the
> respective conference websites:
>
> http://www.postgresqlconference.org/why/
> http://www.pgcon.org/2008/

I read those, I was just confused as to why there were 2 conferences on the same
topics one right after the other.
Someone mentioned that one is commercial and the other is not-for-profit, so
someone might define PGCon as proprietary and say the postgresqlconference is
open source, but that would start a flame war and would be inappropriate being
that both of them are supporting open source software, and nobody is against
making a profit (except Communists, and they're not against profit as long as
the guy who worked hard to earn it doesn't get to keep it).

In any case, I wanted to go to one of them, but I can't because one is on the
weekend, which I can't attend, and the other ends late Friday afternoon, which
is bad for me (but I'll have to wait until the schedule and costs are posted
before I'll know for sure).