Re: no entry on pg_database for a live database

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
To: Mark Steben <msteben(at)autorevenue(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: no entry on pg_database for a live database
Date: 2008-01-22 17:24:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Mark Steben wrote:

> I'm running version 7.4.5. Do I have to do a drop-recreate or is there
>
> Some other way around this?

There has been mention that some of the old versions of 7.x had data
critical issues that are fixed in newer updates.

My first suggestion would be to try it with 7.4.19 (using a copy of your
data files of course)

As well as planning an upgrade to 8.1 or 8.2

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz