Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-14 00:14:19
Lists: pgeu-general

Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> Hello,

> Ok, a membership fee for people is maybe not a very good idea. But a
> fee for organizations or companies is widely known. So maybe we should
> change parts of the statues here. If we don't have a membership fee for
> persons, we avoid all the following problems like having organizations
> pay for their members to the eu group.

It is up to you folks but I strongly suggest *not* having companies be
members. If you want companies to be *sponsors* that is good but the
moment you allow companies to be members, they will *expect* something
for that money. Explicitly things like direction and certain amounts of
control.

People are members, companies are sponsors. I would also suggest that
sponsorships be clearly defined as to the benefits thereof.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake