Re: Problem using Slony-I with pgadmin 1.6.2

From: Kandy Wong <kandyw(at)triumf(dot)ca>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem using Slony-I with pgadmin 1.6.2
Date: 2007-12-14 21:29:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave Page wrote:
> Kandy Wong wrote:
>
>> I did try to build pgAdmin3-1.8.0 from source but couldn't get it to work
>> and so as for slony 1.2 due to some library and dependency problems and
>> that's why I have to use pgAdmin 1.6.2 and slony 1.1.5.
>> I'm using SL4 so actually are there any RPMs available for SL4/RHEL4/CentOS4?
>>

> Dunno what SL4 is, but we have RPMs for Fedora 7, RHEL 5 and OpenSuse at
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/v1.8.0/. Does the F7 one
> work
SL4 is Scientific Linux 4 and it's like CentOS 4 which is a compatible
rebuild of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
The F7 RPM doen't work for me.
So when I tried to add a New Slony-I Cluster, the following error window
pop up:

An error has occurred:
ERROR: incompatible library "/usr/lib/pgsql/xxid.so": missing magic block
HINT: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.

Is there a way to fix this problem?
Thank you.

Kandy