pgbench - startup delay

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgbench - startup delay
Date: 2007-12-10 19:27:25
Lists: pgsql-patches

Whilst doing some profiling of the server I found it useful to add an
option to pgbench to introduce a delay between client connection setup
and the start of the benchmark itself to allow me time to attach the
profiler to one of the backends.

Attached is the patch in case anyone finds a use for it, or if it's
deemed to be generally useful enough for inclusion in 8.4.

Regards, Dave.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-startup_delay.diff text/x-patch 4.9 KB