Re: gborg -> pgfoundry

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
Cc: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gborg -> pgfoundry
Date: 2007-11-08 23:59:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 18:07 -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:
>> Marc has unilaterally decided it's time for gborg to die and taken it
>> down with very little notice.
>
> Kris, it has been discussed publicly for more than a year. It would be
> shut down months ago, but web team waited for a bit more.

No. It has been discussed for a long time that we should work on
shutting down gborg, but no date was ever put out until this week. All
previous discussions involved discussing how to move things over, not
just giving up and turning it off. Robert Treat, the person I thought
was heading the migration believed it was a bad idea to make this sudden
move. Even if we gave up on the auto-migration, how can a couple of
days be sufficient warning for large parts of our project infrastructure
to disappear?

Perhaps it's just my perspective and this doesn't actually affect a lot
of people, but the two main projects I work on are (were) big gborg
users. How are people supposed to coordinate a release without a
mailing list or a CVS repository?

Kris Jurka