Re: pgAdmin 1.8RC1 - failed to launch on Mac OS X

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Phill <phill(at)smershnet(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 1.8RC1 - failed to launch on Mac OS X
Date: 2007-11-05 12:08:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

Phill wrote:
>> I have never succesfully launched pgAdmin on this computer so there
>> are no
>> pgAdmin files anywhere in my Library directory. By the way, Activity
>> Monitor
>> reports that once i lanuch pgAdmin it uses all available processor
>> capacity.
>>
>> Simon
>
> Likewise, I don't have a pgadmin3 preferences file present.
> Phill

Somehow (and I don't know how yet) I just reproduced this on my PPC box.
Can you please start pgAdmin so it sits on the dock, and then in a
terminal window, run

ps -ef |grep pg_dump

I found I had a zombie pg_dump process (pgAdmin calls pg_dump at startup
to check the version). I then renamed the copy of pg_dump in the pgAdmin
appbundle, and one I had in /usr/local/bin (you might have others in the
path of course). After I killed pgAdmin, it then started just fine.

/D