Re: pgAdmin licence

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin licence
Date: 2007-10-13 17:14:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Dave whatsup?

I'm trying to do three things (in no particular order):

1) Change the pgAdmin licence to Artistic 2.0 and above.

You are the only developer who has refused permission to do that,
however that is your right and we will respect it.

2) Protect the rights of those who have contributed to pgAdmin.

You have stated that your private work for your customers was broken by
changes to pgAdmin, and that you have used pgAdmin base classes in
pgImport which is not distributed in any way that would satisfy the
pgAdmin licence.

You have since said that you're not using any pgAdmin code.

3) Understand why we've been having this pointless argument for 18
months now.

Originally I thought it was because you disagreed with the decision that
was made to use the wxGrid control in the Query Tool but earlier in this
thread you said that was not the case.

You then said it was because I changes the Windows build environment to
VC8 without consulting you, however the archives show that we did
discuss it and the only concern you raised turned out to be a non-issue.

Point 1 is resolved.

Point 2 is still an unknown. Are you using pgAdmin or pgAdmin-derived
code in any projects without fulfilling the requirements of the licence?
If you are, I would ask that you rectify that as soon as practical.

Point 3 leaves me both saddened and confused. Given your recent
comments, and the history in the list archives I cannot understand why
this disagreement is happening or how it started. We've worked together
on pgAdmin for years, and we've drunk beer together on the other side of
the world. Can we not resolve this and move on?

Regards, Dave.