Re: BUG #3556: Installroutine hides destination folder

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Ruediger Kemmler <r(dot)kemmler(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3556: Installroutine hides destination folder
Date: 2007-08-20 08:08:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Ruediger Kemmler wrote:

> Bug reference: 3556
> Logged by: Ruediger Kemmler
> Email address: r(dot)kemmler(at)gmx(dot)de
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2
> Operating system: Windows XP/Vista
> Details:
>
> If you click first on the components which you want to install, the field
> where the installation folder can be changed disappears and can't be
> selected any more.
>
> You have to go back in the installation routine to resolve it.

The windows installer allows the path to be set for individual features
in the tree. We currently only support modification of the top-level
directory through the GUI - this can always be set by selecting the top
level (root) feature and then adjusting the path.

If installing from the command line, for example in silent mode, you can
set the path for individual features, but this is only recommended for
experts as it is possible to install in a layout that won't work properly.

Regards Dave