Re: European users mailing list

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, 'PostgreSQL' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2007-07-30 15:20:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

Robert Treat wrote:
> On Monday 30 July 2007 03:47, Dave Page wrote:
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> +1 -eu-advocacy seems to make more sense.
>> With all due repect JD, you were not at the meeting at which this was
>> discussed and are presumably unaware that we discussed more than just
>> 'advocacy'. I expect there to be 3 or 4 -eu lists eventually, one of
>> which may well be -advocacy.
>>

> *shrug* I wasn't there either, but seems all the emails I have seen reffered
> to it as the "European PostgreSQL Users Group", so I expected it to look more
> like other users groups, ie. eupug(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

I was at that meeting and for the record: there is no european
postgresql user group (yet) - so a general list seems vastly appropriate
for discussing "general" european stuff.
If we ever get a european user group we can simply add a list for that
but what we now need is a list to discuss general topics and only time
will tell if we ever need eupug@, pgsql-eu-advocacy@ or nothing at all.

>> But for now, I was asked to arrange a general mailing list, which I have
>> done.
>>

> Except we already had a general european mailing list, so I'm really not clear
> on what the above is meant for accomplishing.

that list was not running on official infrastructure and only meant as a
short term solution until there was enough momentum and interest to put
it on official infrastructure.

Stefan