Re: select on 1milion register = 6s

From: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>
To: Bruno Rodrigues Siqueira <bruno(at)ravnus(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: select on 1milion register = 6s
Date: 2007-07-28 19:59:26
Lists: pgsql-performance

Bruno Rodrigues Siqueira wrote:
> Who can help me? My SELECT in a base with 1 milion register,
> using expression index = 6seconds…

Run your query using

EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... your query ...

and then post the results to this newsgroup. Nobody can help until they see the results of EXPLAIN ANALYZE. Also, include all other relevant information, such as Postgres version, operating system, amount of memory, and any changes you have made to the Postgres configuration file.

Craig