Re: Small improvement to compactify_tuples

From: Sokolov Yura <funny(dot)falcon(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Small improvement to compactify_tuples
Date: 2017-05-17 14:46:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera писал 2017-05-15 20:13:
> As I understand, these patches are logically separate, so putting them
> together in a single file isn't such a great idea. If you don't edit
> the patches further, then you're all set because we already have the
> previously archived patches. Next commitfest starts in a few months
> yet, and if you feel the need to submit corrected versions in the
> meantime, please do submit in separate files. (Some would even argue
> that each should be its own thread, but I don't think that's
> necessary.)

Thank you for explanation.

I'm adding new version of first patch with minor improvement:
- I added detection of a case when all buckets are trivial
(ie 0 or 1 element). In this case no need to sort buckets at all.

--
Sokolov Yura aka funny.falcon
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.ru

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Improve-compactify_tuples.patch text/x-diff 6.2 KB