Re: remaining sql/json patches

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: remaining sql/json patches
Date: 2023-07-07 11:30:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 21.06.23 10:25, Amit Langote wrote:
> I realized that the patch for the "other sql/json functions" part is
> relatively straightforward and has no dependence on the "sql/json
> query functions" part getting done first. So I've made that one the
> 0001 patch. The patch I posted in the last email is now 0002, though
> it only has changes related to changing the order of the patch, so I
> decided not to change the patch version marker (v1).

(I suggest you change the version number anyway, next time. There are
plenty of numbers available.)

The 0001 patch contains a change to
doc/src/sgml/keywords/sql2016-02-reserved.txt, which seems
inappropriate. The additional keywords are already listed in the 2023
file, and they are not SQL:2016 keywords.

Another thing, I noticed that the SQL/JSON patches in PG16 introduced
some nonstandard indentation in gram.y. I would like to apply the
attached patch to straighten this out.

Attachment Content-Type Size
gram-json-indent.patch.nocfbot text/plain 1.3 KB