Re: pg_get_tabledef

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: usama(dot)munir(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Cc: Naz Gassiep <naz(at)mira(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_get_tabledef
Date: 2007-05-21 18:27:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I mean as a shared library - a .so for Unix (or whatever the flavor of
unix uses instead) or a DLL on WIndows. And no, it would not be in
contrib - as I mentioned in another thread yesterday I want to propose
that contrib disappear.

Certainly pg_dump would use the library, and retain all the file
handling processing it does now. But we could also link it into psql,
for example, and expose the results via \ commands.

If you want to have a go at that you'll probably make lots of people
very happy.

cheers

andrew