Re: [HACKERS] Kill a Long Running Query

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Mageshwaran <j_mageshwaran(at)sifycorp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, Postgres <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Kill a Long Running Query
Date: 2007-04-25 14:56:51
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Mageshwaran wrote:
> Hi ,
> Any body tell me how to kill a long running query in postgresql, is
> there any statement to kill a query, and also tell me how to log slow
> queries to a log file.

First. please do not cross-post like this. Pick the correct list and use it.

Second, this query definitely does not belong on the -hackers list.

Third, please find a way of posting to lists that does not include a
huge disclaimer and advertisements. If that is added by your company's
mail server, you should look at using some other method of posting such
as gmail.

Fourth, please read our excellent documentation. It contains the answers
to your questions, I believe.

cheers

andrew