Re: ECPG failure on BF member Vaquita (Windows Vista)

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPG failure on BF member Vaquita (Windows Vista)
Date: 2007-04-25 14:17:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 10:47:57AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> I'm seeing an ECPG-Check failure on Windows Vista - any ideas what might
>> be causing this?
>
> Hmm, first glance suggests some permission problems.

Yes, that was my thought as well, however I ran cacls down the entire
build tree, granting full control to Everyone on everything, but the
problem persists.

Additionally, all the other tests pass, including make check and make
installcheck, so unless the ECPG tests are trying to create something
outside of the buildtree, I don't think it is a permissions issue.

Is there anything I can try building/running manually to help debug this?

> I also saw that wombat is segfaulting in ecpg tests but not only with
> CVS HEAD but also trying to test 8.2. Any idea what's going on with this
> machine?
>
> Michael

Can't help with that one I'm afraid.

Regards, Dave