URGENT Numeric values disappear

From: Sean Murphy <Sean(dot)Murphy(at)equipoint(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: URGENT Numeric values disappear
Date: 2007-04-23 21:47:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Over the last several weeks I've moved from an 8.2.0 server on Win32 to
an 8.2.3 server on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. In the course of doing so I started
distributing psqlodbc 8.02.0300 with a couple of VB6 desktop user
applications, connecting using SSL and ADO.

Everything was going fine, or so I thought until a user pointed out
(apparently) missing data - a bunch of zeroes where various numeric(x,y)
values belonged. Lo and behold, every numeric value selected over ODBC
is returning zero.

If I cast numeric as double or varchar it returns the correct data. I
tried reverting to earlier versions of psqlodbc - the data returns
correctly but the app crashes hard on inserts with a corresponding
server log saying "SSL SYSCALL error - unexpected EOF on client connection"

I have WAY too many numeric fields to cast them all, and they all worked
previously.

What's going on?

8.2.3 built from source on Ubuntu 6.06 server with openSSL 0.98e.
Clients connect via psqlodbc35w.dll, 8.02.0300, SSL on
Client application VB6 with ADO 2.8

Datasource:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\notgonnasay]
"AB"="0"
"BI"="0"
"BoolsAsChar"="1"
"ByteaAsLongVarBinary"="0"