questions about autovacuum daemon

From: jing han <jing_han_66(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: questions about autovacuum daemon
Date: 2007-02-26 19:35:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I have questions about postgres "autovacuum daemon".

I read postgres database 8.1.8 document 22.1.4 the auto-vacuum daemon. And I installed postgres 8.1.8 tarball (I'm using fedora core 6 operating system). I didn't find the executable file pgavd for autovacuum daemon. I browsed the web for more info about this auto-vacuum daemon. I couldn't find any useful info. My question is how to make use of autovacuum daemon, how to get pgavd? Doesn't it come with postgres 8.1.8 installation tarball??

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

jing

Need Mail bonding?