Re: Patch for column properties

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for column properties
Date: 2007-03-04 11:11:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> [...]
>> And one more question, I wonder why the SQL tab is not editable ? I
>> can think of one reason but I'm not sure :)
>
> Because it's dynamically generated, and any changes would either be lost
> if the user changed tab, or would have to be reverse engineered back
> into the other dialog controls.

There's probably another way of doing it. We can add a checkbox on the
SQL tab. If the user clicks on it, it enables editing the SQL text field
and pgAdmin disables the other tabs so we don't have to reverse
engineer. If the user clicks on it once again, pgAdmin re-enables the
other tabs, disables editing the SQL text field and refresh its content.

> Also, on some dialogs there are
> placeholders included in the code for cases when we have multi-step
> queries that are tied together by a generated ID. IF the user mucked
> about with those, it could break things particularly spectaularly.

But this would not work with such a checkbox.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/